Hi Friends -
Christmas is almost here. No doubt some of you have already even had one or more celebrations at work or with family.
Today let’s take a look at getting ready to entertain. Whether you have a handful or a houseful stopping by this holiday season, you can make big improvements in a small amount of time.
We’re going to focus on the kitchen again today because there is always food involved in entertaining. You will prepare more than enough and even if you tell them not to, people will bring more with them.
I recommend you set your timer for 20 minutes today and let’s get started.
- Remove all the stale bread from the cupboards.
- Remove all the fruit and veggies beginning to get mushy.
- Remove all leftovers that won’t get eaten in the next 1-2 days.
- Remove as much as possible from your countertop.
- Clean out the oven if it needs it.
- Vacuum/mop the floor.
- Clean off the top of the refrigerator.
- Remove almost empty boxes from the cupboards.
- Take out the trash.
- Run the dishwasher if you have one, or recruit those kids home from school to do the dishes by hand!
Well, all of that would surely take me 20 minutes in my kitchen.
I hope that everyone enjoys all of the planned and un-planned gatherings and celebrations that happen over the next several weeks. Here’s wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from Gather Arts Organizing!